Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Famous Edward Tufte - trip to the city

Today I took one of my staff with me into the city to attend a lecture given by Edward Tufte. I'm sure you have never heard of him but I assure you he is a legend in the Statistical analysis crowd and is the foremost expert in analytical design or as the New York Times put it,"The Leonardo da Vinci of data" . It's great living so close to Manhattan as most of the really unique and once in a lifetime events happen and I can cheaply attend without getting on a plane. The Manhattan center is only a block or so away from Penn Station which is my entry point into the city via the train. I took a couple of boring pictures but you might find them interesting. The really great thing about the lecture is it included all three of his hardback books which I got autographed. They will make great conversation pieces for my office and are actually fascinating to read.

Shot of the Manhattan Center where the Lecture was held.

No comments: