So I am on the Long Island "Stress"-way going home on Friday and I hear on the radio something or another sponsored by Famous Dave's in Smithtown. I thought "this must be some strange Italian Pizza joint started by a guy named Dave who thinks he is famous." So I got on the information highway and looked up the locations on the Famous Dave's web site and lo' and behold there was one here on Long Island! Oh the joy, oh the craving for real slow roasted ribs smothered in BBQ sauce. So we hopped in the car and away we went to search for the resturant. I felt like we were sitting in St. George, Utah eating good food once again. So Heather and I shared a full slab of ribs and Isabelle had BBQ chicken. It was delicious and well priced. It's not too bad distance-wise from the house (around 20-30 min each way) but it is close to the North Shore Mall so this gives us one more option if we are ever out there for a good place to eat (Olive Garden, Good Steer, Applebee's, Chili's, Uno Pizza, and now Famous Dave's!). My life is almost complete. Although last time we were in Utah we noticed a sign for a Ruby River going in St. George (my all time favourite steak house on the planet) so I guess there is still an excuss left to go visit Utah.... that and Pizza Factory, and Arby's, and.... hey it's almost lunch time, I'm obviously hungry, gotta go.

Isabelle enjoying her BBQ Chicken

1 comment:
Ruby River is what converted Stephanie from a vegitarian to a fellow carnivore! And it's all thanks to you Dan, for introducing that resturaunt to me.
-Charles
Post a Comment