
Very exciting! Tax time is here and we used the refund to fund a new roof that we have desperately needed for more than a year now (the grey tarp on my roof is attractive, but not practical). So the weather has been good and they came out this week and ripped off the shingles, repaired the roof and bye-bye leaks! They even put in a new vented ridge and we are rid of the house fan. The new gutters will go on some time next week. Heather took some pictures for your entertainment, while I was vacationing in Toronto for two days (meetings, blah). Enjoy!

Aubree and Nala enjoying the show!

The Mexicans are doing a great job, notice Aubree and Nala in the window, how funny!

The final result (minus the white gutters that will be put in soon). Very nice. It looks like the fixer-upper bargain price we paid for the house (a small fortune actually) will be worth it, with all the work we've done (thanks mom and dad) it's going to make for a gold mine investment here on Long Island.

4 comments:
You should have put on the 2nd story since the roof was being removed. After all, you need guest rooms if I'm bringing my gaggle down for a visit.
Looks the same, but I bet it holds WHATER!!
Your house looks really nice. I was thinking the same thing about you guys making so much money on it when you want to sell it.
I'm glad you were finally able to get a roof especially with the big snow storm that hit you guys a few days ago. You are lucky you got a tax return, we owe a thousand or so, yea!!!! not!!!!!
Post a Comment