Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Excitement for this past week


This weekend we had the largest Blizzard in recorded history for NY. The city got 26.9 inches and we got about 20 inches. It was pretty over-rated if you ask me. We got to cancel church meetings again, hurrah! You will notice the hanging ice of death on our house (due to lack of gutters not installed yet). I'll post some more pictures from the storm, enjoy.

Look at me, Blizzard boy! I keep holding off on buying a snow blower, and then every year we get a big storm and I grunt and groan with the snow shovel and complain, all the while thinking 'I'd pay 500 bucks right now not to have to do this hard work!'. Ah well, maybe next year, hahah.
Isabelle made a snowman (or snow gnome). Notice Nala assisting being obsessed as usual with the strange newcomer in her backyard.


Isabelle had a playdate with her best friend Sarah. They did some creative face painting.

Can you tell from this picture which way the strong wind was blowing during the blizzard? My Pacifica turned into a square box.

2 comments:

Kory and Sharese say: said...

You were right, those icicles look very sharp and dangerous. You are lucky to get so much snow in one day, we only get measly 1-2 inches.

Aaron H. said...

We installed some heating wires on the edge of our roof to keep ice dams from forming and as a result of the constant heat source, we now get monster icicles that go ground to roof! I have to knock them down before the kids see them, or they'd be killed trying to play with them!