I know what you are going to say, this guy complains for months about not getting any rain and as soon as he gets what he wants he complains that there is too much rain. So we just came out of the second hottest/driest summer in NY recorded history and in just one week we have now had the wettest October in NY recorded history. It has been raining buckets of water for 5-7 days straight. My poor roof is saturated beyond hope of repair (it needs re-shingled) and my garage is starting to flood as a result. I had to take off work yesterday to try and do something before my house gets ruined. I ended up getting a large tarp and covered the garage portion of the roof, but even that is not helping as water is seeping through the sides of the chimney. I have never seen such rain for so long a period since living in NY, it's pretty amazing. I'm glad I don't live in New Jersey or New Hampshire where the houses are floating down the streets. All of the roads here are flooded but they are still pretty passable (a couple of inches in most places). They had to shut down most of the expressway yesterday because of flooding. So if anyone is listening up there, the drought is over thank you very much, now turn off the spout and let us dry out.

Plain bagel with Cream cheese, it's Friday!

2 comments:
Is the Airport still open? Look like we will be SHINGLIMG in two weeks!! I will bring some sun with ME.
I hope it dries out for you!
Post a Comment