Thursday, October 27, 2005

A day with David Letterman

I have been attempting to get tickets to go see David Letterman for years now and I finally got the call from the audience coordinator. It is a lottery based system and then they call and you have to answer a trivia question or no tickets. My question was "where does Rupert G. work" and the answer is of course "Hello Deli". This puts you on a gold list and after waiting in several lines we got the tickets. The show will be aired next Thursday for sweeps week so it was a really good show. They did "stump the band" with Dave in the audience and the guests were Bruce Willis and Santana played with his band. They also blew up a 1300 pound pumpkin on Coney Island with Biff. Good stuff. Dad and I also went to Hello Deli and sure enough, Rupert is in there working. We got to sit about 4 rows back from the front and it was great to see all the action that goes into the show, pretty slick setup they've got. They don't allow pictures which is a bummer. In between getting the tickets and getting in the show I took Dad to Bubba Gumps to eat lunch, the food was so-so but the view was great, overlooking Times Square. We had a good time.

Bubba Gumps for lunch in Times Square

No comments: