Thursday, November 17, 2005

Meeting Purgatory

I am completely burned out this week with never ending management meetings that go all day and never end. I think I have finally perfected the art of sleeping with my eyes open... sheesh. Management tip number 45 in my book, never, ever attend a meeting unless you absolutely have to and never plan a meeting for more than it will take to get it done (ie. if you can complete what you need to in 15min, then plan for a 15 min meeting, not an hour long meeting). I am well known throughout Esselte for a stunt I pulled off in my early years in a meeting with 20 people and a rambling very high up Executive who I rudely interrupted mid sentence and stated "excuse me, I have some work to get done, this is a waste of my time" and I promptly left the room with mouths agape from everyone in the room. Needless to say this executive no longer works for this company and I am still here getting things done... Although, the cruel irony is that as I have risen higher in this organization, I am now required to attend more meetings.... haha. Is it lunch yet? I have another meeting in 20 min... gotta go.

You handsome devil!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the opposite, I love work meetings because I get paid to just sit there and not have to work. The longer the better in my book. Arn't I a great employee!!

Aaron H. said...

"excuse me, I have some work to get done, this is a waste of my time"

YOU 'DA MAN!