I have been cursed to break everything I touch today. The day started out great! Sun shining, the 90% humidity has dropped to bearable levels, the lawn is dry and begging me to cut it. So I get out my beautiful new 7 HP craftsman automatic lawn mower and got about 1/3 of the front done and it started puffing out smoke and died right there on the lawn. Frustrated at this, I called the Sears number on the lawn mower and let's just say the service stinks. After a one-sided argument I convinced them to send out a service truck at their expense next Tuesday to look at the lawn mower. The lady kept saying "are you sure it has oil?" to which I explained that I put the quart of oil in the mower that came with it according to instructions "pour entire contents into lawn mower" as instructed. She then said that it must have too much oil in it as they sometimes ship with residual amounts, obviously I did not read the full manual. I then said I would gladly return the lawn mower with it's oil along with the unread manual to the store for a refund, prompting the free technition visit.
I then proceeded to get out the trimmer to clean up the long grass around the trees and trim the walkways and low and behold the thing jammed and took me 20 min to tear apart and repair. In the middle of all of this I get summoned to the house where the dog left a present under the kitchen table with my name on it, so apparently I broke the dog too. As a result of this I then had to bath the dog, but the blow drier stopped working half way through the exercise.
To continue this lovely day, Isabelle and I went to the grocery store and as we were checking out, the cash register jammed, something about a penny lodging into the door as she shut it so that it would no longer open, "don't look at me that way lady, I did not do anything!". 20 min later and a forcefully damaged drawer, I got my receipt.
As a side story, when we bought our kitchen cabinets 3 years ago they gave away free fridges as a promotion. I gladly accepted this medium sized fridge (Heather almost told them she didn't want it, crazy talk!) and it is now in my unfinished basement. It has lovingly become my soda fridge (I dreamed of such a thing as a little boy). I take great joy in stocking up my soda fridge.
Lastly, Aubree has decided to forgo sleep today and she was up from 4pm until 2am, and no, I did not break the baby.... I think.....

My personal soda fridge, isn't is glorious!

2 comments:
It was a terrible, horrible, very bad, no good day. Wow. What do you do for an encore? :)
What, no mention of Bagels in today's post?
-Charles
Post a Comment