Monday, January 09, 2006

New-er PC in the house

So we have quite a few PC's laying around the office that are significantly better than my home PC and I made an executive decision to upgrade myself. I am going from a P4 1.2 Ghz with 256Meg Ram to a new P4 2.4 Ghz with 1Gig Ram. I am keeping my nice new video card and sound card from this last year. While it is not a huge difference here, it should help a bit. My only problem is I'm lazy and don't want to transfer my programs to a new drive so I decided to try and boot the old drive on the new PC.... nope, no likey. So I am back to my tinkering and troubleshooting days that I pay staff to take care of now in the office. I decided to uninstall all my drivers in the old PC and do a windows XP repair on my existing software on the new PC, hopefully this allows me to boot and fix things. So far so good, it says I have 30 min until I smile at my brilliance, or cry in shame at my failure.... Gotta go, the blue screen of death is calling me.

The dreaded XP windows Repair

2 comments:

Richard G Adams said...

Call your brother, Charles. He fixed Mothers Lap top from hesirtating. Lats see, you make 100,000 a year, last counting and Charles makes 30,000 a year? Life is CRUEL!

Adams Family said...

It's not like my proffession just dropped into my lap or anything, I earned it of course! And for an update, my new improved PC swap drive technique worked perfectly and I am very pleased with the improved performance (visualize me patting myself on the back here).