As you may or may not know, we have a 9 - foot fake tree which is rather large. So we have to re-arrange the living room to fit it in and I had to chop off a foot and it still bends at the top where it meets the ceiling. I'm not sure where Heather got her tree decorating traditions from (Martha Stewart eat your heart out) but let's just say that I am not allowed near the tree (although last year Isabelle and I were given special permission to decorate our way). So this year we got out the variety of colors and styles available and we chose blue and silver (yes, it has to be coordinated, and no, the expensive nutcracker ornaments that we have only used once do not match this years tree, however I ask this every year). So I of course get to assist in putting up the white lights with blue ribbon and silver, white, and blue ornaments. After hours of hard labor and repositioning for perfection, I learn that the tree decoration is not acceptable and am forced to then "un-decorate" the tree the next day. So then we go through another version of decorating experimentation and put up colored lights with ribbon and white and red ornaments with snowman decorations. Fortunately this particular design meets the standards of Heather and I am happy because now I get my multicolored blinking lights. Of course I am exaggerating a bit here but let's just say the tree is up and it looks spectacular!

Christmas Tree Version 3.1

5 comments:
i feel your pain, brother.
Your tree looks beautiful! We have a nine foot tree too, and it does take up alot of space!
Yes,Yes, I remamber last year!! Just lat Hather dather do her thing AND DON"T touch like I did. May hand still hurts!!
In her defense, the tree looks very good (my favorite so far in 11 years). And no, it is not TP on the tree, it is pretty white ribbon with pepermint candy shapes.
This is Jared, yea I thought it was toilet paper as well. Isn't that a fire hazzard?
Post a Comment